Monday, June 4, 2012

Healing


Being in Colorado, the Lord has taught me so many things.
First, I can be strong on my own, and God is what makes that possible. When I was leaving for Colorado I felt like I was running away; running away from the mess I had for myself at home. When I have a problem in my life I simply run and hide from it. It's one of my many faults. I hate confrontation, and I seem to think that ignoring the problem is the best solution (makes sense right?).
Needless to say, it was breaking me and I was trying so hard not to run away. Yet, I had committed myself to the Y in Colorado so this time I was forced to "run away." Being here in Colorado is such a blessing. To be surrounded by God's beautiful creation is the best kind of therapy that there is. I have met so many people that the Lord has used to heal me. God has given me some pretty amazing roommates, an amazing ACMNP team, and wonderful friends/co-workers. 
I have always believed that it's extremely important to be a strong individual, know who you are, and know where you are in your walk with the Lord before you can even begin to go into a relationship with someone else. If you're anywhere on "the border" then you will fall so quickly. Being a strong individual is important even if you aren't going into a relationship; it's the same way for friendships. God has definitely been making me stronger.
Second, God's teaching me to love myself. We were created in His image. We are all different, unique, and so so special to the Lord. Who are we to not love ourselves? God loves each and every one of us so much, and that alone should fill us with joy. So I'm not a professional hiker and I may not be a runway model, but the Lord made me special, and He loves EVERY part of me. Everyone is beautiful on the inside and out! Just knowing that God loves every part of me, even my double-jointed pinkies and my weak ankle, makes me ecstatic. (:
Lastly, Carpe Diem. Yes that's cliche but I'm serious. I always consider the pros and cons of something before I will ever consider doing it. I have learned that I only live once and I need to live a little. Life is fragile and every day is a gift; I'm not going to let it go to waste. My version of "living a little" may not seem like much to someone else, but taking risks is a part of life. I used to think that chasing my dream was pointless, because life isn't perfect and we don't always get what we want. But honestly, sometimes chasing our dreams is the only thing that keeps us going.
I am SO blessed and I will never take that for granted again. I will be strong, love myself, and live my life to the fullest!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I am so, so happy for you, Shindig! This is beautiful -- praise God for the work He is doing in you. Amen to everything you said!

    ReplyDelete